YClick is a national photography festival; an initiative by NSHM School of Media & Communication, which aims to provide a platform for aspiring and professional photographers to showcase their creativity through visual storytelling
This festival comprises of still Photography Competition, Exhibition, Seminars, and Master Classes. All the students of different colleges & schools, along with professionals, can participate.
We were chosen to develop a mobile responsive website and a web app for the participants, jury, and the admins.
- Ensure data uploaded to the website is secure and encrypted.
- Ensure the authentication of website users to eliminate fake entries.
- Ensure the non-dissemination of jury choices in the web app.
- Integrate a secure online payment gateway for event registrations.
- The system consists of a mobile responsive website for the contestants and a custom web app for the participants, jury, and the admins.
- Implemented Email Authentication to ensure the security of users and eliminate fake users.
- Developed a dashboard for uploading photos and registering for events.
- Developed a reporting dashboard to display real-time entries and user registrations.
- Integrated payment gateway for contests and event registrations.
- Implemented a fault-tolerant database system to ensure consistent availability of data.
- Implemented a data compression algorithm for the uploaded portraits and videos. It ensures minimal storage usage.
Security Measures implemented
- SSL(Secure Socket Layer) Certificate to encrypt website-server communication.
- Secure access authentication system.
- Cross-site scripting(XSS) prevention.
- Encrypted Data Storage
- Front-End: Bootstrap
- Back-End: PHP CodeIgniter, MySQL
- Server: Amazon Web Services | Linux Server